I try and avoid the term ex-patriot since by my logic it implies people that have jumped ship from the motherland and decided to meander elsewhere. While this may be true, the combination of the prefix "ex" and the word "patriot" meaning one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests does not bode well. Regardless it is a status to hold onto, or you can simply be titled as an American living abroad. Regardless a groups of us North Americans and Koreans gathered this past weekend to do what we do best. . .throw a party known as Thanksgiving.
There was turkey, stuffing and many kinds of salad, casserole and desserts. There was good wine, really really bad wine and the evening rounded off with some good old rug cutting at a new hip hop bar in Beomgye. Since my photography skills are lacking I leave picture taking to the experts to document our lives.
Someone once told me that we express love through different mediums. While it can be expressed in a wide array or through simple acts, one of those acts is food. Let me tell you. . .this food was welcomed as was the company it brought with it. One of the major things I am grateful for here in Korea is an awesome support network of friends. (the term co-workers and friends has become synonymous in this environment).
While speaking to Tim last week he expressed a sentiment that we all go through where we ask "What the heck am I doing here?" While this question often runs through my mind I am quickly jolted back to reality by the community I am surrounded with and thus I am grateful.
But Grucci got 5 stars…
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment